Tips for Christmas Trees
- Picing out a real Christmas Tree can be fun for the entire family. When picking out a tree make sure it is green throught. If there are brown patches the tree may not survive the holiday season.
- Make sure you get a sturdy stand to hold your tree and water.
- Be careful about having an open flame, heaters or hot lights near your tree. This is the main cause of fires.
- Artifical trees need to be flame resistant as well.
Tips for Ornaments and Lights
- Decorate from the top down. This will help you reach the top section without messing up your decorations at the bottom. Also, be sure to use a ladder.
- Don't use real candles near your tree. This will likely cause a fire.
- Only use indoor lights because they are designed for use on Christmas trees.
- Do not leave your lights on when not necessary.